Alhamdulillah, few days after the formation of the Organization, the Organization started its first project (Darul Uloom Qadria Ghareeb Nawaaz) related to its aims and objectives on the 17th of Jamaad ul Oola 1436 (9th of March 2015).
The Darul Uloom was situated at Raza House, near Likuni Roundabout, before water board aiming at producing quality Huffaaz.
The Darul Uloom started with an enrolment of 2 students doing Hifz. The maximum capacity was 56 and just few weeks after the start of operation, the Principal had to reject applications due to no space available.
CURRENT ACTIVITIES IN THE ORGANIZATION
- Masjid for 1,200 worshippers
- Hifz department (memorization of the Quraan)
- Alim course with Secondary School for Boys
- Alima course with Secondary School for girls
- Tailoring department with basic Islamic Education
- Ahmed Sacranie Educational Centre, run by Dawate Islami, Blantyre
- Scholarships to students studying in Darul Uloom Qadria Ghareeb Nawaaz, Ladysmith, RSA
- Scholarships to students studying in Jamia Fatima, Ladysmith, RSA
- Scholarships to students studying in Darul Uloom Jamiatul Madeena, Lenasia, RSA
- ASF Publications
ASF MASJID AL – MUSTAFA SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM
Alhamdulillah, Masjid is now operational and we make duaa that may Almighty Allah keep this Masjid full of Worshippers until the Day of Qiyamat.
We also desire to make the Masjid self-sustainable and request you to assist us in the ASF Masjid WAQF plan.
Alhamdulillah, Our Hifz Department at the ASF Educational Centre now has the capacity to accommodate 120 students in the Hifz Department, excluding the School and College. Once the students complete, then they have the following choices:
- Continuing revision with the IMAMAT course so that they may get a job.
- Continuing with Secondary School Education @ the ASF Educational Centre.
- Becoming an Alim in South Africa until the Alim course is fully operational here at our centre.
SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION FOR BOYS & GIRLS WITH THE ALIM & ALIMA COURSE
- Education is the key to success. In Malawi, to get a job of a security guard, the minimum requirement is an MSCE (Malawi School Certificate of Education). If they don’t have this, they can only get a job of a cleaner, laborer etc.
- Many Muslims have been deprived of quality education. Therefore, let’s help our children go to school, so that the next generation of the public is NOT IN THE SAME SITUATION AND DISASTER.
- We need to give them QUALITY EDUCATION, so that they may go forward in life.
- Studying at ASF Secondary School allows the child to learn ISLAMIC & SECULAR studies jointly. This means that at the end of their studies, they are equipped with adequate Islamic knowledge and secular studies to move forward in life.
- This is a long process but an effective process, as this same child who studies and becomes successful can support his whole family.
- We have the girls and boys section, both running under 1 admin but completely separate. The boys have their own classrooms whilst the girls have their own classrooms also.
ASF TAILORING CENTRE
- For those people of the public, who have passed the age of school, we can train them in such a field which can be a means of earning a living for them.
- This means that they can become carpenters, electricians, drivers, tailors, cooks etc.
- ASF had started the tailoring center in 2016 and has already helped 187 ladies so far. These ladies studied at the center, gained basic Islamic knowledge and the skill of tailoring. Each one is awarded a machine at the end of the course.
- Indeed, we want to start other vocational courses but we shall do so once we have settled down in the new Centre.
AHMED SACRANIE EDUCATIONAL CENTRE, BLANTYRE OPERATED BY DAWATE ISLAMI
- Alhamdulillah, Almighty Allah gave us another opportunity by blessing us with a property in the main heart of Blantyre. There was an old house which we maintained and started Jumma Salaah and 5 times daily Salaah.
- The whole site is operated by Dawate Islami currently. We have plans of expanding and putting up new structures and we shall require your support.
- Alhamdulillah, we currently have students studying in South Africa becoming Alims and Alimas. We sincerely make duaa that May Almighty Allah grant these Students success and may they serve the DEEN in Malawi.
- Alhamdulillah, we have been building and we shall continue with building as our aim and target is to make this Organization Self Sustainable.
- ASF had 2 publications which used to run throughout the year. We have currently put this on pause as we are debating whether there is a need of hard copies or can we electronically send it to everyone.